Frequently Asked Questions
Evaporative Cooling Products
- Is HyperKewl™ fabric safe?
- How does it work?
- How long do I hydrate the garments?
- What is the lifespan of the HyperKewl™ Fabric?
- Can the products be reused?
- How much will the items weigh?
- How can I wash the garments?
Yes. It contains non-toxic polymer fibers.
Our HyperKewl™ is sewn into the lining of all our garments. The special fabric absorbs water very quickly and releases it very slowly for extended cooling from evaporation.
HyperKewl™ fabric is designed to provide up to 100 wet/dry cycles. Water absorbency will diminish over time as HyperKewl™ fibers migrate and entangle within the fabric structure. You may see an initial decline in the absorption of water after 5-10 wet/dry cycles as the fabric “settles”, but absorbency will remain relatively stable after this initial 5-10 wet/dry cycles. This is normal and the fabric is still very effective at water absorption and evaporation. Absorbency will also be impacted by hydration length, garment care, water quality, as well as other factors.
Yes. Just make sure you hang them to dry when not in use.
You control the weight of your garment by how long you hydrate it. Our #6529 Sport Cooling Vest soaked for about 2 minutes will weigh approximately 750 gram.
In order to maintain the longest life of the product and HyperKewl™ fabric it is best to hand wash the garments with a brush and light soap and water. Avoid soaking the garments in soapy water. Simply use the brush to wash off the garment.
Phase Change Cooling products
- What temperature is the Phase Change Material (PCM)
- How do you activate Phase Change Material?
- How long does it take to activate them?
- How much does PCM weigh?
- Is PCM safe?
- Is PCM reusable?
- How long will the PCM stay activated?
A comfortable 14 degrees C.
Solidify the inserts by placing them in a fridge, freezer, or ice water.
Approximately 30 minutes.
PCM is 25% lighter than water.
Yes, it is non-toxic, non-carcinogenic, and non-flammable.
Yes, the inserts can be re-activated over and over again.
Vest inserts will remain at 14 degrees C for up to 3 hours.
Air-Activated Heating products
- How do HeatPax Warmers work?
- How long do the HeatPax Warmers last?
- Can the Warmers be reused?
- How do I get the HeatPax Warmers to heat up?
- Are HeatPax Warmers safe?
- How do I use them to stay warm?
The Warmers are filled with iron powder which oxidizes when exposed to oxygen. This is a powerful exothermic reaction resulting in heat.
Body Warmers 20 plus hours, Mini/Hand Warmers 8 hours, Adhesive Toe Warmers 5 hours.
You can stop the HeatPax at any time and reuse them at a later date by sealing them off from the oxygen in the air (i.e. plastic container or airtight bag). They are discarded when completely consumed.
Simply tear open the package. Wait 10 minutes for them to heat up fully.
Yes, they are non-toxic.
After opening them, place the Warmers in your garment or pocket for maximum comfort.
Is TechNiche ANZ a Registered NDIS Provider?
- Yes, TechNiche is a registered NDIS Provider
- Our Garments and apparel can assist people with thermo-regulation and medical conditions